The Big Sur Redwood Auction will be held on Sunday, October 6th at the Henry Miller Memorial Library, 48603 Highway 1 in Big Sur, 25 miles south of Carmel and 1/4 mile south Nepenthe restaurant. There will be twelve of the finest pieces up for auction.
TO BID REMOTELY: Call the Library at 831-667-2574 or email Mike Scutari at email@example.com.
Include your name, telephone number, and minimum and maximum bid and slab number(s). We’ll then get in touch and ask for credit card information.
We’ll bid on your behalf in $300 increments starting at your minimum price.
Auction sign-up and inspection is from 1 to 4 pm.
The bidding will begin at 4 pm.
Admission is free.
Please note: you do not need to be in attendance to bid for a slab.
(Remote bid deadline is Noon on Sunday, October 6)
Click HERE for important auction guidelines and instructions.
Any questions? Call us at 831-667-2574.
Click HERE to register and receive updates.
…before you submit your bid, please read the following important notes guidelines and FAQ’s:
* For purchasers within California, state sales tax (7.75%) will be applied to the final price.
* California sales tax does not apply to purchasers residing outside California.
* The buyer, regardless of location, is also responsible for appropriate delivery fees, in addition to final price and applicable tax.
* The slabs will be auctioned “as is.” Given the nature of wood, the Library cannot be held responsible for changes that may occur once bid is finalized.
* Individuals submitting a remote or advance bid must provide their credit card information in advance.
More FAQ below…
How to submit a bid
(Remote bid deadline is Noon on Sunday, October 6.)
Call the Library at 831-667-2574 or email Mike Scutari at firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your name, telephone number, and minimum and maximum bid. We’ll then get in touch and ask for credit card information.
* What is the starting price? Starting price will be approximately $3,500 and up.
* How many slabs will be auctioned? Twelve.
* If I win when do I have to have it picked up? We will do our very best to protect and keep your wood safe for as long as it takes to make arrangements for pick up.
* Is the bid binding? Once you place the bid and give us your card information, we will purchase the slab on your behalf should you have the winning bid. (for remote bids).
* How much do they weigh? The estimated weight of each slab is between 400 – 600 pounds.